A group of residents meet in December 1959 at the Pleasant Valley Grange to discuss organizing a fire company. In January 1960 the first recorded meeting was held at Bullskin Elementary School. A charter for the Bullskin Township Volunteer Fire Company and Relief Association was approved in June 1960. The first fundraiser held was a sausage and buckwheat cake supper, which helped to purchase a 1950 Dodge fuel tanker that was converted to a water tanker for fire fighting.
Since that time there have been many fundraisers supported by our residents including hoagie sales, dinners, gun bashes, cash bashes and many more. Through the support of our community we have been able to purchase equipment to help us in our continued effort of keeping the community safe.